[Wactclc-alma] Image link not appearing when put in 856

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Thu Apr 28 16:37:51 PDT 2022

Hi all:

I am having inconsistent results when placing image URLs in the 856 field in order to generate thumbnails in Primo.  We have cataloged art on campus and when I add links in the 856 field to the Washington Arts Commission image, the thumbnails show up. This is an example: The Return Home<https://sbctc-skagit.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01STATEWA_SKAGIT/1k7g980/alma991000235089702822>

However, when I add a link to an image that is loaded in our LibGuides Image manager, the thumbnail will NOT show up in the record in Primo, even though it will show in a regular browser if I cut and paste the image URL in it.  Here's an example: Treaty Days 1855<https://sbctc-skagit.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01STATEWA_SKAGIT/1k7g980/alma991000716084202822>. Here's the image URL for that image from Libguides: https://libapps.s3.amazonaws.com/customers/1570/images/Treaty_Days_1855_Mukilteo_Ron_Hilbert.JPG

Is there something about the LibGuides  image manager that would lead to the image not displaying in Primo? As far as I can tell, the 856 fields in both records are formulated the same way. The only difference is the source of where the image is coming from. Is this something I need to wait 24 hours to see the changes from Springshare? I didn't have to wait for the images from the Washington Arts Commission page, however, to appear in Primo. So, I'm stumped.

Thanks for any insights...

Elena Bianco, Systems & Technical Services Librarian
(360)416-7624