[Wactclc-alma] [External] Managing holds / request queue in Alma

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Sep 29 16:36:32 PDT 2021

Regarding queue order, you can't re-order the entire request queue, but you can force a specific request to the top of the queue.

Click the number displayed for "Place in Queue" on the request, and then select "Activate" for the request you want to bump to the top (Harvard's doc on this is better than the exlibris doc: Requests - Library Technology Services: Staff Documentation Center - Harvard Wiki<https://wiki.harvard.edu/confluence/display/LibraryStaffDoc/Requests#Requests-ChangethePriorityonaRequest>)

The only way to pause or suspend a request would be to bump up other requests when that specific request made it to the top of the queue. So, no, requests can't be paused in any useful way.

Regarding the question about the date on the letter... it's a little tricky. The expiration date for the hold isn't set until the item is scanned in to the hold shelf. So, when the pick slip is printed, the expiration date for the hold isn't actually known yet. But assuming the items are scanned into the hold shelf right after the item is pulled, then the expiration date for the hold will be some set number of days (like 7) after the date on the print slip.

http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>