[Wactclc-alma] ctcLink users sync job failing - possible reasons

Martin, Melinda Melinda.Martin at scc.spokane.edu
Tue Sep 21 12:37:50 PDT 2021

You probably have already looked at this, so disregard if I am duplicating...

Generally speaking, the "ERROR_MESSAGE=Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence" occurs when the exported .xml document is not in UTF-8 and the receiving system (ALMA) is anticipating UTF-8.  Is it possible that there was a change in the export file?

The patron record error: ERROR_MESSAGE=The primary identifier is already taken by another user in this feed
                Is it possible that there are duplicates in the output file and that only one of them failed?

-Melinda