[Wactclc-alma] ctcLink users sync job failing - possible reasons

Daniel Moore daniel.moore at email.edcc.edu
Tue Sep 21 11:20:53 PDT 2021

Hey all,

I'm working with one of the folks on our data team here at the college, and
we're going through a few options, but I wanted to share this here in case
anyone else has encountered it.

Since 9/16, our sync job for users from ctcLink has failed. The error logs
are always the same. I've redacted some user information for privacy and am
sharing a sample of the errors here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TCA2J1l_Hnu6_XY1wU3-p465r9kgb8KeYOy-DxK5g5M/edit?usp=sharing

First, my colleague discovered two errant commas in the output file and it
was a strong candidate for the cause of this validation error. However, the
job today ran and still failed after the changes were made. I think there
might be something with those user records too - it's the same two user IDs
that are rejected for each job, though it's unclear if that's the cause or
another consequence of the failure in the source file.

Because this job is failing, our circulation manager is manually
updating all student/faculty records in the moment the loan is processed or
after a loan report is delivered (we're circing technology and receiving
outputs on circs from that team periodically).

Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions that I should investigate,
or things I should forward on to my IT liaison to investigate?

All the best,

Dan Moore
Systems and Collections Librarian
Edmonds College Library