[Wactclc-alma] Update on Gale Academic OneFile Reactivation

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Jul 15 09:13:19 PDT 2021

As previously discussed, the Gale Academic OneFile in the Alma CZ was unexpectedly removed, causing any respective activations in institutional zones to disappear.

The collection has been revived in the CZ, but the pre-existing activations in the institutional zones have not yet been restored.

I opened a case about this with ExL last night, and received the response below.

My recommendations are as follows:

  1.  For those of you *without pre-existing activations* of the collection, but who wish to activate the collection due to participation in the WSL state contract

You can go ahead and activate the collection from the CZ.

  1.  For those of you *with pre-existing activations* of the collection in your institutional zone.

You can wait for ExL to complete the re-activation process in institutional zones on their side. (I don't have a timeline on this)

-or, if you need the collection more immediately-

You can delete your existing (and empty) activation,  and do a fresh activation from the community zone.

If you decide to delete and re-activate, and have an acquisitions POL attached to the colletion, you'll need to take that into consideration and re-attach the POL to the new instance of the collection.

Response from ExL in my SF case:

We have discussed the issue you raised with our leading experts from Development team.

As you know we have restored GALE_ACADEMIC_ONEFILE in Alma CZ environment.

I'd like to mention that we are working closely with Development to restore the activations.
This is top priority and being handled with the highest attention.

We apologize in delay for fixing this issue and for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

I will personally update you with any progress made as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Igor Tavrog
Alma Content Operations Sr. Analyst

http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>