[Wactclc-alma] QR Codes in Primo?

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Mon Jan 11 10:52:17 PST 2021

Greg,

Yes, the QR code feature is new for Dec 2020.

It's the first feature described in the release notes here.

Primo VE 2020 Release Notes - Ex Libris Knowledge Center (exlibrisgroup.com)<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Release_Notes/002Primo_VE/2020/010Primo_VE_2020_Release_Notes?mon=202012BASE>

It basically provides a permalink to the current search, and also a QR lable that can be copied and used elsewhere. You can also enable the QR-code feature in record display, if you want QR codes for specific records.

The QR code feature on the main menu can be disabled if you'd like, and can be likewise enabled on full record display.

This feature would be most useful for libraries that use QR codes as a

General tab on View Configuration page

The QR code in the Main Menu is enabled by default. To disable it, clear the Enable QR On Top option on the General tab and save your changes. For more details, see Configuring Discovery Views for Primo VE<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Product_Documentation/020Primo_VE/Primo_VE_(English)/050Display_Configuration/010Configuring_Discovery_Views_for_Primo_VE>.

Brief Record Display tab on View Configuration page

The send-to action for the QR code on the Full Display page is disabled by default. To enable it, enable the row containing the QR code. As with other actions, you can specify its order by using the Up/Down arrows to move the action to its position.

http://www.wactclc.org