[Wactclc-alma] Anyone use OCLC Worldshare?

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Mon Feb 1 15:23:37 PST 2021

Nicole,

You could try importing the OCLC WorldShare file into MarcEdit and then re-saving as MARC UTF-8. That sometimes resolves file-reated issues.

Alma should be able to process a 500 record file uploaded from a local drive (ExL usually says files above 10,000 records need to be processed from an SFTP site).

In any case, you could try uploading the troublesome file to the new SFTP service within Alma, and processing it from there, rather than from the upload of your local file.

I know Kirsti had success recently doing so with one of her files.

We looked at the new SFTP service during the 1/19 call<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KuIEfk9QEk37Haf0SqbPqlyP-u3Ce8VeFQgP2tmsFwU/edit?usp=sharing> (notes and quick demo). And I'd be happy to do so again tomorrow if there's interest.

Using SFTP just requires the use of an SFTP client, like WinSCP<https://winscp.net/eng/download.php>, to upload the file.

Let me know if I can help further.

http://www.wactclc.org