[Wactclc-alma] Anyone use OCLC Worldshare?

Nicole Longpre nlongpre at bellevuecollege.edu
Mon Feb 1 14:42:59 PST 2021

Hi everyone,

I use OCLC Worldshare for records for many of our EBSCO eBook collections, as well as our DDA collection. I have different import profiles for different resources, and I typically have separate profiles for importing and for deleting. That being said, I have quite a few different profiles to look at to make sure my profile is working properly.

I am having trouble with a recent delete file from OCLC for the Community College collection. I get an error that the file fails in validation. It's a huge file with just under 500 records, so any sort of manual work is too cumbersome. I have used this profile for another delete record and it worked fine. I also downloaded the file a second time just in case something went wrong with the initial download, but I encountered the same validation error.

Has anyone dealt with this previously? I know that many folks activate collections from the CZ, but we haven't done that for this collection.

I'd appreciate any assistance on this issue. Thanks,

Nicole Longpré (she/her)
Systems Librarian
Bellevue College
nlongpre at bellevuecollege.edu