[Wactclc-alma] Case comments are added to the case: 06207564

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Fri Dec 10 13:29:55 PST 2021

Nice. Thanks, Lesley.

Naoko opened a similar case this week, having to do with inaccurate dates in citations (case notes below).

Good cases, both of you.

Also, just FYI, I opened a high priority case this morning on the citations we discussed on Tuesday (and Thursday) related to missing links for a particular citation in some environments, without any obvious configuration differences between the environments.

Highline’s case:

Hello, We came across a few CDI records with the publication date that doesn't match the publication date in EBSCO databases. They are articles from journals published by Springer. I noticed that Springer often publishes articles online on a certain date before they assign these articles to an issue of the journal. EBSCO databases include only journal issue dates, not the date articles were published online. Here are the examples:

https://sbctc-highline.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01STATEWA_HCC/1d6ao31/cdi_springer_journals_10_1007_s10902_020_00260_6
https://sbctc-highline.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01STATEWA_HCC/1d6ao31/cdi_gale_infotracacademiconefile_A254102056

Proxy test login:

Username:******

Password:*****

In both cases, if I remove the data parameter from the URL on the OpenURL error page that I get when clicking the full text links in the CDI records, the links take me to the article page in the EBSCO databases.:

URL with the data parameter "&date=20100922":

https://openurl-ebsco-com.bow.highline.edu/linksvc/linking.aspx?sid=bth&volume=28&date=20100922&spage=221&issn=0217-4561&stitle=&genre=article&issue=2&title=Asia+Pacific+journal+of+management.&epage=238

URL without the data parameter "&date=20100922":

https://openurl-ebsco-com.bow.highline.edu/linksvc/linking.aspx?sid=bth&volume=28&spage=221&issn=0217-4561&stitle=&genre=article&issue=2&title=Asia+Pacific+journal+of+management.&epage=238

This issue seems to be prevalent rather isolated. Please look into fixing it. Thank you, Naoko

http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>