[Wactclc-alma] Information about self-checkout stations?

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue Apr 13 09:51:20 PDT 2021

One other self-check option, using an app-based model, is meescan (http://www.meescan.com ).

Self-service, app-based self-checkout.

I believe they price on a subscription basis. Maybe in the few thousand a year range? That's just a guess, based solely on what I think the market would bear.

You'd also need to buy some kind of desensitizing or bit-setting hardware, if you are using tattletape or RFID security.

I know that some Alma customers use meescan, based on discussions in Alma-L.

It's also something in use in public libraries. Does anyone use a public library that offers meescan?

And you should be able to download the app from Apple or Google Store.

http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>

Schedule a meeting with me<https://calendly.com/wactclcalmaprimo/>
My Zoom Instant Meeting Link<https://bigbend.zoom.us/j/8763410457>