[Wactclc-alma] Import Profiles, POL Auto-Packaging, and Failed Jobs.

Heather Jean Uhl huhl at everettcc.edu
Tue May 5 11:47:05 PDT 2020

Hi, everyone.

I'm following up on a pilot project for the creation of a workflow to
handle standalone portfolio creation / activation and POL creation for
batches of eBook bibs using import profiles.  I've hit a roadblock and I
would love your thoughts and ideas for trouble-shooting.

I was able to get the import profile itself to work (woo-hoo!) with a few
sticky points that aren't critical.  Click here to see my draft procedures
if you're interested
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/173Zwu2e78lFsH_lu-NoH3bWRVtSdAwL1ruU9UipoGJU/edit?usp=sharing>
.

Here's the roadblock, which occurs post import.  I want the newly created
POLs to auto-package into a PO as part of a daily job.  I've configured the
job according to these instructions
<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/020Acquisitions/110Configuring_Acquisitions/260Configuring_the_PO_Line_Packaging_Job>.
When I checked today, none of the POLs auto-packaged.  I did a direct push
of the job, but the job report showed zero POLs processed with the message,
"Connecting po to poline failed(0)."

I need these POLs on a PO so I can create an invoice directly from the PO.
The goal of this pilot is automation, and I really don't want to manually
package the POLs to a PO if I don't have to.

Am I missing something?  Thank you very much for your consideration and
experience.  I appreciate the opportunity to trouble-shoot together.

Best wishes for all your endeavors.

Heather Jean Uhl, Faculty Librarian (pronouns: she / her)
Acquisitions & Cataloging Department Supervisor
Everett Community College - Library Media Center
huhl at everettcc.edu | (425)388-9139

Library Liaison for English, Journalism, Communications, Theater
Japanese Culture Club Adviser
Instructor ART228D The World of Anime & Manga