[Wactclc-alma] Holds not popping up when item returned

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Thu Feb 13 13:29:42 PST 2020

Adrienne,

We create suppressed test, bib, holdings, and item records for every location we've got. We also have test patron records with library staff email addresses for every user group we've got.  This was a trick I picked up from Nancy Nathansen at the University of Oregon and it's been really helpful for troubleshooting this kind of stuff.

I know this doesn't help with the pop-up message problem :) but maybe if you created a few test item records on a suppressed holdings record, you could place holds on them for testing purposes?

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Service Manager
Seattle Colleges