[Wactclc-alma] X-mas present from ExL, a reworked "Alma Essentials" training series

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue Dec 29 12:26:48 PST 2020

Hi, all.

Happy New Year (almost).

Just in time for the holidays, ExL has delivered a comprehensive re-work of the 'Alma Essentials'<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Training/AlmaEssentials/Alma_Essentials_-_English/> training series.

I've been looking at it this morning, and it looks good. Shorter segments, more concise. Using all of the latest features in Alma.

I highly recommend bookmarking the page, and referring to it for direction and refreshers on any Alma topic where you might get stuck.

Full announcement below...

-----------

Dear Colleagues,

We are excited to introduce a fully re-designed Alma Essentials training kit<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Training/AlmaEssentials/Alma_Essentials_-_English/> on the Customer Knowledge Center. This brand new, fully re-tooled kit replaces the existing Alma Essentials training kit and contains several enhancements which we expect to greatly improve the overall learning experience. Sessions are much shorter in duration (averaging ~5 min), more demo- and workflow-driven, and the entire kit has been modularized and organized in order to make the content more approachable and easier to consume. Additionally, all links in our Alma LibGuide<https://exlibris.libguides.com/alma> have been updated to point to the new kit.

The old Alma Essentials kit will remain available on the Customer Knowledge Center until the end of Q1 2021 to minimize any disruption to current learning activities. Several localized versions of the kit are in progress and we intend to roll those out by end of the first quarter of 2021.

As always, we'd love to hear your feedback. Please do not hesitate to reach us at learn at exlibrisgroup.com<mailto:learn at exlibrisgroup.com>.

Sincerely,

Audrey Ho
Director, Global Knowledge Delivery