[Wactclc-alma] Overlap P and P

McGaughey, Colleen Colleen.McGaughey at cptc.edu
Mon Aug 31 09:00:40 PDT 2020

Wade,

The overlap reports were discussed in one of the ELUNA Knowledge Days sessions. You can find the overlap reports here.

https://analytics12-na.alma.exlibrisgroup.com/analytics/saw.dll?catalog#%7B%22location%22%3A%22%2Fshared%2FAlma%2FTitles%2FReports%22%7D

I was not able to figure out a way to sort the list by title and physical material type. For example: We have 'Without Pity' on dvd and on VHS. We would likely be able to withdraw the VHS copy if we verified that the dvd copy is in our stacks. I simply wanted to run a report on overlapping dvd and VHS titles. After I thought about it, I began to wonder if it would be good to also include if we had overlapping titles within VHS, DVD and electronic resources. One of the canned overlap reports is supposed to be able to check for P, D, and E duplicates. Does anyone have experience with using these overlap / canned reports? It seems to me like the canned reports are supposed to be there to save staff time, but in the end, folks end up having to create their reports from scratch.

Thanks for your help.

Colleen