[Wactclc-alma] sending a customized courtesy letter

Lesley Caldwell LCaldwell at pierce.ctc.edu
Wed Aug 12 13:01:38 PDT 2020

Hi Amy,

Have you considered customizing the Borrowing Activity Letter and then running the job to send it out?

It should only send to those patrons who have a current loan.
Borrowing Activity Letter

Patron Circulation Summary

Email

Webhook

Sent to patrons with activity; contains a list of the patron's loans, overdue items, and active fines. If the patron has more than 100 active loans, only the first 100 are included on the letter and a flag is added to the XML - <loans_over_the_limit>true</loans_over_the_limit>. Sent either by a job (Notifications - Send Periodic Fulfillment Activity Report<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/050Administration/070Managing_Jobs/030Viewing_Scheduled_Jobs#Notifications_Send_Periodic_Fulfillment_Activity_Report>) or by request, for example, the Renew Selected and Renew All actions on the Loans tab of the Patron Services page. For details on configuring the Borrowing Activity Report, see Configuring Fulfillment Jobs<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/030Fulfillment/080Configuring_Fulfillment/110General#Configuring_Fulfillment_Jobs>.

This letter can be configured in Letter Activity to trigger a webhook function. See Webhooks<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/090Integrations_with_External_Systems/030Resource_Management/300Webhooks>.

You could add your messaging to the XML template.

-Lesley