[Wactclc-alma] CDI questions

Nicole Longpre nlongpre at bellevuecollege.edu
Mon Aug 17 10:56:50 PDT 2020

I've been working on evaluating and cleaning up records for the upcoming change to CDI. This was a great opportunity to clean up records that we no longer are using!

I did have questions about a couple of items.

  *   I came across a couple of collections that had not been added to Alma, such as Euromonitor. I was able to find a record in the CZ for Euromonitor, but there are no portfolios attached.
Would I then need to load portfolios or is there a better course of action?

  *   Some of our EBSCO collections are not in Alma, as we used alternative coverage. Some of the EBSCO databases, like Agricola, have records in the CZ. I think I should localize those and add them to our collection, but I am not certain how that will fare with the alternate coverage that had previously been activated.

I'd appreciate your thoughts about this. In a way, I worry that I may be overthinking as this has been in the forefront of my work recently.

Nicole Longpré (she/her)
Systems Librarian
Library Interim2 Dean
Bellevue College