[Wactclc-alma] creating POLs in bulk for eBook portfolios

Herman, Amy aherman at olympic.edu
Wed Apr 22 12:26:06 PDT 2020

Hello all!  Until now we've just purchased fairly small numbers of ebook monographs from Ebsco eBooks.  In those cases I search for the electronic portfolio in the CZ, find the correct electronic portfolio in the correct electronic collection, "Order" it in Alma (including entering a price and fund) to create a POL, the POLs get packaged into a PO, I activate the portfolios in Primo, etc.

We are now ordering much larger numbers of eBooks.  Is there a way to do this POL creation process in bulk, rather than one at a time, if we have a list of ISBNs?  And set up so that the process would only choose the portfolio from the Ebsco Ebooks collection, from the available collection choices in the CZ?  And assign the correct prices and fund for the POL?  I'm thinking that's a little ambitious but before I start on the next large ebook order, wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks,

Amy Herman
Library Faculty | Olympic College
1600 Chester Avenue | Bremerton, WA 98337
aherman at olympic.edu<mailto:aherman at olympic.edu>

OC Libraries are OPEN online only!  Visit the OC Libraries website<https://libguides.olympic.edu/index> to connect to services and resources.