[Wactclc-alma] Correcting Material Type in ALMA

McGaughey, Colleen Colleen.McGaughey at cptc.edu
Wed Apr 1 14:21:38 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I hope that I am posting this to the correct email address. This is my first time posting to WACTCLC.

A few months ago I started working at technical college. I have been in library services for many years, but have never used ALMA.

A short time after I started, I did an analytic report and realized that our collection could use some tidying up. For exam, there are a items that display the Material Type as "Other", when it is really a videorecording. I would like to correct these records to display the Material Type as "Video Cassette". I know that I need to do a search and save a query in order to run a job, but I have been having a hard time with getting the results I want on my ALMA searches.

I have tried different variations of searches. I am attaching a screenshot below of one of my search attempts which provided 0 search results.

[cid:9ab4c831-5988-489a-9556-bc18ed67d94a]
I used "videorecording" in the title, as most of our video cassettes list [videorecording] as part of the title.

I would really appreciate your tips, tricks and advice on how to best accomplish this task.

Thanks!
Colleen McGaughey
Clover Park Technical College