[Wactclc-alma] Upcoming SAML Signed Certification expiration

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Mon Sep 23 11:12:34 PDT 2019

Some of you have already asked me about the notice below from ExL.

Only four of our institutions are affected by this expiration:

Green River
Lower Columbia
Olympic
Whatcom

I have already contacted those institutions directly about further action.

If your institution is not listed above, no action is needed on your part.

Dear Colleagues,

We'd like to call your attention to the announcement made in the May release notes<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Release_Notes/010_2019/Alma_2019_Release_Notes_Included_Material/2019_RN_05_MtM> regarding expiration of the Ex Libris signed SAML certificate. As stated in the release notes, the signed certificate is set to expire on October 2nd  2019. In the release notes we recommended that customers who have configured their Ex Libris profile to use the signed SAML certificate in the Alma platform or Primo switch to the new signed certificate, which is valid until October 2021. Customers who have not yet updated their certificate should work with their IT groups to switch as soon as possible. For more information, please review this<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/090Integrations_with_External_Systems/060Authentication/020SAML-Based_Single_Sign-On_Sign-Off> article, section "Replacing a Signed Certificate".

For any question please open a case with support.

Barbara Rad-El
Senior Librarian
Tel: +972-2-6499108
Mobile: +972-54-4642661