[Wactclc-alma] Issues with years in second line of call number RE: Purdue Inventory code - ready for testing

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue Nov 26 18:01:11 PST 2019

Just a thought, but possibly related the configuration of the location.

Go to Alma Admin / General, scope to the library, and look at the physical location.

Each physical location should have a defined call number scheme (Dewey, LC, etc) that determines how call numbers are to be sorted.

If the location isn't configured to reflect your call number scheme (I believe Pierce uses LC?), then the sorting algorithm in the shelflist won't work as you expect (it might be trying to sort as Dewey, or just as accession #'s).

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>
509.760.4474