[Wactclc-alma] Help with normalization rule

Hannah Micona HMicona at greenriver.edu
Fri Jun 14 11:27:35 PDT 2019

Hi Heather,

That is interesting, because the rule I use in my import profile to remove subject headings we don't want uses 6**, several times:

  removeField "6**" if(exists "6**.{*,3}")
  removeField "6**" if(exists "6**.{*,4}")
  removeField "6**" if(exists "6**.{*,5}")
  removeField "6**" if(exists "6**.{*,6}")
  removeField "6**" if(exists "6**.{*,7}")

And when I tested using "removeField "650" if (exists "650.z.United States")", it stopped working if I put United States in parentheses - but yours works with parentheses in the rule even if they aren't in the MARC field?

It'd be nice to have hard and fast rules we can rely on, but I'm glad you got yours working, anyway!

Hannah Micona

Cataloger, Holman Library

Green River College

(253) 833-9111 ex. 2098