[Wactclc-alma] Expired holds config

Stephanie Levesen Stephanie.Levesen at skagit.edu
Fri Jun 14 10:19:20 PDT 2019

Hi,

I noticed that we have some holds on our hold shelf that have been there for quite a long time.  When I go in to view the holds, I notice the expired date on the active holds is not calculating like it should.

We have our configuration set up as below in the screenshot:

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D5229A.A095AF90]

According to the online help page for this, the output parameters are set up so that it will expire 7 days after the time it goes on the shelf and it is not calculated in open days.

Yet, when I view the active holds, the expiry time does not calculate according to this information.  For a hold that was put on the shelf on 6/10/2019, it expires on 6/19/2019.  It should, if I'm reading the information of the configuration and the help page correctly, expire on 6/17/2019.  Yet it's calculating 7 open days even though I don't have that box checked.

Since the default of expire time for pick from shelf is 7 and we have 7 as ours, I removed it at one point because I thought maybe it was calculating 14 days by adding the 7 for the default to the 7 we placed in the box. When I removed the number so it used the default and applied it retroactively, that didn't work.

I also checked the "calculate expire time in open days" box in case Alma was backwards  in what it meant, but when I did that and tested it with a test hold, the new calculation for expiration from the hold shelf was 7/2/2019.  Not sure why that is because we haven't updated our calendar yet for the new quarter dates and have nothing open in July.

Anyway, I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this or noticed the configuration for the holds doesn't seem to be acting correctly as far as I can tell from the information I'm reading and know how to fix it or if it's something that should be taken to Ex Libris as a sales force case?

Thanks,
Stephanie

Stephanie Levesen
Periodicals/ILLs/Circulation