[Wactclc-alma] Help with normalization rule

Heather Jean Uhl huhl at everettcc.edu
Thu Jun 13 16:23:56 PDT 2019

Hi, Normalization Rule Friends.

I'm struggling with a similar bit of trouble.  I want to create a
normalization rule that will delete any 6XX field that is a FAST heading.
These fields will always have subfield 2 with the value "fast."  I can get
the rule to work for any 6XX field that has a second indicator 7, but I
don't want to lose local fields and second indicator 7 subject fields that
include valid lcgft headings.

Below is my rule.  What am I missing?  Thank you so much for your eyes and
expertise.... >_<*

rule "delete FAST 6XX fields"
when
exists "6**.2.(FAST*)"
  (TRUE)
then
  removeField "6**" if (exists "6**.2.(FAST*)")
end

Heather Jean Uhl, Faculty Librarian (she / her pronouns)
Acquisitions & Cataloging Department Supervisor
Everett Community College - Library Media Center
huhl at everettcc.edu | (425)388-9139

Library Liaison for English, Journalism, Communications, Theater
Japanese Culture Club Adviser
Japanese Anime & Manga Arts Festival Chair
Instructor ART228D The World of Anime & Manga