[Wactclc-alma] Purging users

Stephanie Levesen Stephanie.Levesen at skagit.edu
Mon Jun 10 13:06:12 PDT 2019

Hi,

I searched through the consortia emails, but didn't find anything on purging users from the system.  The only thing I found in regards to purging users was a document titled Alma/Primo Maintenance from an email back in 12/10/2018, but there's no info on the process for purging users on it; it just recommended to do it annually.

I want to purge users with an expiration date on or before 8/23/2018 (we keep two quarters of expired students and purge the rest - we have not purged users since we received Alma in 7/2017).  I want to do a test run though.

I've read the documentation on the knowledge base and read the document on the developer network (that the knowledge base pointed me to), but I'm wondering if anyone has done the Purge Users job under Admin - User Management - Purge User Records and how that worked and whether I can do a test run on it before I do everyone to make sure I understand the process.  I'm a little afraid I'm going to end up purging everyone in the system and definitely don't want to do that.

If anyone has any helpful tips/tricks or a process to work with on purging users that'd be great.  Just an FYI, if this is talked about at the weekly meeting tomorrow I won't be able to attend as I have a class I'm taking at that time so will have to watch the recording to get the info.

Thanks,
Stephanie

Stephanie Levesen
Periodicals/ILLs/Circulation