[Wactclc-alma] What is a Recall in Alma?

Tammy Siebenberg tsiebenberg at yvcc.edu
Tue Jul 9 18:15:08 PDT 2019

Recall means to ask that a book that is checked out be returned early because someone else needs it.  This sometimes happens when, for example, a grad student checks something out for an entire quarter or year and a faculty member needs it before the checkout period is up.  The book is recalled and the borrower is sent a recall notice which may or may not include a deadline by which to return the book.  One option in Alma is to charge a recall fine if the item is not returned by the new recall deadline.

Tammy R. Siebenberg, MLIS
Director - Library & Media Services
Yakima Valley College
509.574.4984