[Wactclc-alma] Alma / Primo Call - Nov 26, notes and recording

Lesley Caldwell LCaldwell at pierce.ctc.edu
Mon Dec 2 12:13:11 PST 2019

Hey Wade,

My responses in purple:

You could open a ticket with Gale with that URL, and ask them about it.
Done

Definitely worth checking the EZPproxy stanza against the latest from OCLC: https://help.oclc.org/Library_Management/EZproxy/Database_stanzas/Gale_InfoTrac<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fhelp.oclc.org%2fLibrary_Management%2fEZproxy%2fDatabase_stanzas%2fGale_InfoTrac&c=E,1,4zGk4pBQmpziO5L4exNJVo96ASaSU4C5M6OJtJm_B1jwqqNoPY8Wrvg8HLqzpb3Vu_nrVWbhgR4r7D-up9BaPIXZ1j0Pr3AAkQ22KRGqEtU,&typo=1>
Gale does require use of proxy by host, but I believe that’s what you’re doing on ezproxy-h.pierce.ctc.edu.
Done, still not working universally on all Gale results (we have GVRL, GOVIC, GLRC, and GBIC)

I’m curious… for that citation, is there a vendor harcoded link (coming from the PCI) in the ‘links’ section? And if so, does that link work?
No, I’m not seeing any. The “Source” sometimes says Cengage and other times Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL), which is an institutional collection.

It could just be that some of the citation metadata for these collections coming from the PCI or CZ is just inadequate to the cause of successful access through the link resolver.
Here’s what Gale said:
You may want to contact Primo about their holdings for these titles. The links are attempting to pull up the document from Gale In Context: Biography. However, neither article is available from Gale In Context: Biography.

Primo will likely need to update their holdings using their methods in which they receive updates from us. Another possibility is that we will need to send an updated file to them. In situations like this, usually a representative from ExLibris would contact us to review and initiate an updated file for the change.

We may look at a couple of Gale examples like this during the eResources time next Tuesday, so if you could have a couple of permalink examples handy, that would be helpful.
That would be great if others are also having Gale troubles
https://sbctc-piercecollege.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01STATEWA_PIERCE/1dg8jcc/gale_ofa148425961
https://sbctc-piercecollege.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01STATEWA_PIERCE/1dg8jcc/gvrl_refCX3405300051

You could just post them here, and I’ll stick them in the agenda in case we can make use of them.

-Lesley

CAUTION: This email originated from outside Pierce College. Do not click links or open attachments unless you have confirmed this is an authentic message from sender and know the content is safe. If you are unsure, contact the Help Desk at 253-964-6373 or email Helpdesk at pierce.ctc.edu<mailto:Helpdesk at pierce.ctc.edu>
Lesley,

[...]

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
http://www.wactclc.org<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wactclc.org%2f&c=E,1,UcBh9U6bFbBdJ4hJnUNK87eecLrMNRHCzbyMfm-x8UmumfKO9JoZ7yHExJg8p41hP9A5hbrTQk2pRxe_Yt36d2zfEKO6Qsvb84l6jyhyxPl8gcv6Z94oDxnr&typo=1>
509.760.4474