[Wactclc-alma] Cannot get search results when searching in Course Reserves for a specific course code

Stephanie Levesen Stephanie.Levesen at skagit.edu
Wed Aug 14 16:43:24 PDT 2019

Hi,

I was trying to conduct a search in Courses under course reserve using the course code and having the search box with the All listed.  When I typed in my course code (ex.: MATH 141) no results came up, even though I knew that specific course should have been on the shelf.  So I searched just for MATH and all the courses came up, including the one I had specifically tried to search for.

I logged out of Alma and logged back in in case my log in was being weird.  Nope and I called over to our other campus library and Kim was having the same issue when I asked her to search for a course using the same method.

I looked up the August release and I'm wondering if something that was changed/enhanced in the August release messed up the search in course reserves.  I found this in the August Release notes:

  *   August 2019 Release Update Fulfillment - Course Reserves SF: 00713977 00715218
The section search was modified to fix an issue in the August release that caused the search to fail

Is anyone else experiencing this in their Alma environments?  Should a salesforce case be placed to have the Ex Libris people look into this?

Thanks,
Stephanie

Stephanie Levesen
Periodicals/ILLs/Circulation