[Wactclc-alma] OCLC Connexion/Alma Acquisitions

Cara Beth Stevenson cara.stevenson at ghc.edu
Wed Oct 24 11:58:17 PDT 2018

Hi, Maryanne,

It sounds like you are trying to add the bibliographic record from OCLC to the catalog (Alma).

My process is to search the OCLC Connexion client for the appropriate bib record and “Save to Catalog”.
In Alma, I open the Metadata Editor and select from the Tools tab >> Search External Resources.
I type the OCLC # in the  System Number search box to import the record.

Grays Harbor has a small library, and this works for us. Might not be the most efficient for a large collection or a large acquisition file.

PS: Sorry I missed the weekly call yesterday. I couldn’t get ZOOM to respond. I’ll have to check out the recording.

Cara Beth Stevenson
Grays Harbor College
1620 Edward P. Smith Drive
Aberdeen, WA 98520