[Wactclc-alma] Provenance Field in Alma Item Records

Lynn Robinson LRobinson at btc.edu
Mon Oct 29 10:58:59 PDT 2018

Hello All,

Does anyone use provenance codes and if so what do you use them for?

Since our library opened I have been using the last two digits of the replacement cost (e.g. 49.02 or 199.02) to indicate that the item was a donation, a publisher's freebie or for any item that was not purchased with library funds (e.g. circulating equipment that was purchased with college grant money.) I have used this information mainly to determine the annual dollar amount of withdrawn items that were purchased from library funds. (That pesky Business Office. :))

This field looks like it could be useful for generating reports and also just for a glance in the item record.

Thanks for sharing how you use this field in your library.

Lynn

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D46F76.640CEDE0]<https://www.btc.edu/>Lynn Robinson
Acquisitions & Cataloging
Library
Bellingham Technical College<http://www.btc.edu/>
3028 Lindbergh Ave. | Bellingham, WA 98225
Call: 360.752.8337 | Office: Campus Center