[Wactclc-alma] Alma Down?

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Fri Nov 16 10:30:55 PST 2018

Lesley,

Sorry, this msg just got through the BBCC spam filter.

We do have a number of other schools using SAML for authentication, just in our consortium.

So, if there were an issue on the ExLibris side, I would expect other schools besides Pierce to be affected.

One reason why other SAML-based applications at Pierce might not be affected is if the time skew settings for those apps are more lenient (that is, those applications allow more time difference between the application and the site being authenticated).

My best suggestion at the moment is, next time this happens, ask IT to resync their SAML host to an NTP (official time) server.

If after doing so, the problem goes away, then at least we know time skew is in fact the issue (or perhaps they already did this).

Or, if they are resyncing their server against an NTP server on a scheduled basis, they might increase the frequency internal.

(The problem going away after a few hours might be because at some point the time on the Pierce side gets updated automatically.)

Big Bend Community College
wadeg at bigbend.edu
509.760.4474
www.bigbend.edu
Big Bend Community College * 7662 Chanute Street NE * Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299

WACTCLC Alma Instance: Alma NA02
WACTCLC Primo Instance: Primo NA08