[Wactclc-alma] Schedule of Notices

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Tue Mar 27 11:35:37 PDT 2018

The discussion at today's online meeting reminded me that Shellie caught an error when I posted the table I keep on Seattle's schedule of notices.

Shellie pointed out that overdue notices use the FulOverdueAndLostLoanNotificationLetter form and lost notices use the FulOverdueAndLostLoanLetter

Here's our corrected table:

What happens

When

Alma Job

Alma Notice

Item renewed automatically (if allowed)

Midnight 1 day before due date

Send Courtesy Notices and Handle Loan Renewals Job

also controlled by Automatic Loan Renewal Rules page (Configuration Menu > Fulfillment > Physical Fulfillment > Auto Loan Renewal Rules)

and the parameter auto_renew_loan_days (see Configuring Other Settings<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/Alma_Online_Help_(English)/Fulfillment/080Configuring_Fulfillment/110General?uxp=true#Configuring_Other_Settings>

N/A

Courtesy Reminder sent

Midnight on due date

Send Courtesy Notices and Handle Loan Renewals Job

FulUserLoansCourtesyLetter

Date due courtesy reminder email sent

3 am on due date

Send Overdue Notices Job

FulUserOverdueNoticeLetter

Overdue notice sent for items in Reserves & Circulating Equipment locations

4 pm Day 1 after due date

Loans-Overdue and Lost Loan Job

FulOverdueAndLostLoanNotificationLetter

Overdue notice sent for all items

4 pm Day 2 after due date

Loans-Overdue and Lost Loan Job

FulOverdueAndLostLoanNotificationLetter

Process type changed to "Lost" for items in Reserves & Circulating Equipment locations

Lost bill sent for items in Reserves & Circulating Equipment locations

4 pm Day 3 after due date

Loans-Overdue and Lost Loan Job

FulOverdueAndLostLoanLetter

Second overdue notice sent for overdue items that aren't already "Lost

4 pm Day 7 after due date

Loans-Overdue and Lost Loan Job

FulOverdueAndLostLoanNotificationLetter

Process type changed to "Lost"

Lost bill sent

4 pm Day 14 after due date (counting only library open days)

4 pm Day 14 after due date (counting calendar days) for South Running Start textbooks

For South Cultural Center textbooks, this happens at 4 pm on Day 30 after due date

Loans-Overdue and Lost Loan Job

FulOverdueAndLostLoanLetter

I confirmed that Shellie was right and I was mistaken ;) by going into Monitor Jobs and finding a recent Loans - Overdue and Lost Item job.  From the job report, I found the ID for a random patron who had received an overdue notice and a random patron who had received a lost notice.  I then looked up each patron record and checked the Attachments tab for a notice from date the Loans - Overdue and Lost Item job ran. The Filename for the attachment showed the name of the Alma notice.  I figured documenting the steps I used in troubleshooting might be useful for other folks.

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager
Seattle Colleges