[Wactclc-alma] jobs

Whittaker, Shellie ShellieW at bigbend.edu
Tue Jan 30 09:39:38 PST 2018

Just a follow-up to our work editing the Safari ebook records.

I have been discussing the issue with Wade.

We have not answered the question of why we can edit the linked records one by one, but not in batch.

However, the bigger question turns out to be should we be editing them at all.

The edits we made (removing the 710 from those few records), actually changed the shared record in the community zone.  I didn't realize that we (any Alma user) could change those records.  I guess I understood that there was a local copy created that was then linked to the CZ record (so I'm a bit confused now).

This general topic...about our ability to edit CZ bibs and under what circumstances that might be appropriate may come up in this mornings 10am meeting.  Wade like to talk about issues that have come during the past week.

So, I'm still thinking about this, but I haven't reached a conclusion.

More later...

Shellie

Shellie Whittaker
WACTC Library Consortium