[Wactclc-alma] Patron load question re email addresses

Sally Sheedy SSheedy at whatcom.edu
Thu Jan 18 15:36:58 PST 2018

Hi,

Email addresses are now showing in Alma for some employees (external). Most have the old domain (whatcom.ctc.edu); the college removed the "ctc" from our domain some while ago (so now email addresses end: @whatcom.edu). The change was long enough ago that IT said the redirect won't be in place much longer. I can find several faculty with the new format, including some hired long before  the .ctc. was dropped for email addresses.  People show with a range of email creation dates, and some don't have the email showing yet. I think I missed some info about this.

I can't reach our programmer to ask if the problem lies with a failure on our part to correctly update whatever database the patron load draws from.

Thanks for any light you can shed.

-Sally

Sally Sheedy
Systems Librarian
Whatcom Community College Library
237 West Kellogg Road
Bellingham, WA 98226
360-383-3287  (library 3300, college 3000)
ssheedy at whatcom.edu
library.whatcom.edu