[Wactclc-alma] Patron Downloads

Stephanie Levesen Stephanie.Levesen at skagit.edu
Mon Jan 8 11:18:31 PST 2018

Hi,

I'm having a hard time finding information from the support emails or in basecamp about when we were explained that it's best to do the patron download with employees first, then students, that way any students who work for the college are picked up with the student designation.

Does anyone remember hearing/seeing/reading that in all the correspondence we've had?  I'm looking for information on it because we're finding this quarter that some students, who are also employees, are showing up with the user group "employee" in Alma, rather than student.  I'm trying to send the information to the IT department so we can figure out why some students are showing up as employees rather than students.  I can't seem to find the information in the emails that have been sent around but I know that I remember hearing something about that during the implementation process or shortly after cutover that the order of the patron download was important for the correct way students/employees should show up in the system.

Thanks,
Stephanie

Stephanie Levesen
Periodicals/ILLs/Circulation