[Wactclc-alma] Publishing to OCLC not working

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Feb 15 09:57:41 PST 2018

Yes, publishing to OCLC is possible. But Holdings are only published to OCLC if you have the appropriate job in Alma configured and running regularly:

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/090Integrations_with_External_Systems/030Resource_Management/110Publishing_to_OCLC#Publishing_Print_Holdings_to_OCLC

and

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/090Integrations_with_External_Systems/030Resource_Management/110Publishing_to_OCLC#Initial_Publishing_Activities_with_OCLC

AND

You have  a data synchronization service set up with OCLC (which should be available at no additional cost for OCLC cataloging customers):

https://help.oclc.org/Metadata_Services/WorldShare_Collection_Manager/Choose_your_Collection_Manager_workflow/Data_sync_collections

The first step is to get your data sync service with OCLC underway. After that, the job in Alma can be configured and enabled.