[Wactclc-alma] Barcode Scanners

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Mon Feb 12 17:10:55 PST 2018

For what type of hardware (laptop, ipad, etc)?

If it's something like a laptop, I would just go with USB scanners.

But there are Bluetooth barcode scanners, though I don't know how good they are.

iOS devices support Bluetooh. But, in my experience, Bluetooth connectivity is always a bit iffy, and I've never liked it too much.

And you'd just want to make sure that they support the barcode encoding you use for both patron barcodes (if you have them) and item barcodes.