[Wactclc-alma] {Disarmed} RE: Letter retention in Alma

Lesley Caldwell LCaldwell at pierce.ctc.edu
Wed Apr 18 12:36:17 PDT 2018

Hi Dale,

Thanks for sharing this! Pierce has not yet configured Letter Retention (and did not really know we could until you sent this.)

It looks like it was a feature that was added in May of 2017.
 Idea Exchange: Letter attachments are retained in Alma for a certain length of time; this length may now be defined per letter. After the defined retention period, an attachment is permanently deleted. The mapping table Letter Retention Configuration was added to the General Configuration menu. The table lists letters and the number of days the letter is retained before auto-deletion. A weekly job deletes all attachments for the listed letters that were created prior to the retention date.
https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/050Administration/050Configuring_General_Alma_Functions/070Configuring_Alma_Letters#Setting_Letter_Retention_Periods

To answer your second question, “A weekly job, Letters Purge with Retention, deletes all enabled letters, if they were created more than the configured number of days ago.” So it should automatically delete your old letters after the first time the job runs.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Lesley