[Wactclc-alma] Authorities for Local Subject Headings in Alma

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Sep 28 11:58:59 PDT 2017

Dale and all,

I’m not familiar enough with Local Authority Control to be comfortable just enabling it globally for everyone right now.

But I’d be happy to open a ticket and have it enabled for you and Elena, and anyone else that wants to give it at try.

In answer to Elena’s question, I don’t know how to tell if Local Authority Control is enabled already. But my best guess is that, if it’s already enabled, you can create  a local authority record via the mdeditor:

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Materials/Alma_FAQs/Metadata_Management/Authority_Control#Local_authority_records

If not, local authority is probably not enabled yet.