[Wactclc-alma] Anonymization issue which I don't think we discussed yet

Dale Burke dburke at email.edcc.edu
Thu Sep 28 12:33:59 PDT 2017

Hello all,

Edmonds was under the belief that our anonymization rules were working
correctly; however, we have recently discovered a new wrinkle.

Loans are being anonymized as we expected; however, returns are not being
anonymized.  If we look at a patron record we no longer see what the patron
checked out, but we do see everything they returned, so one can assumed
that if they returned an item they probably checked it out.  Anonymizing
only half of the transaction doesn't seem useful.

We have looked around and think we have everything coded correctly, but
still wonder if we missed something or if Alma isn't considering returns as
part of the anonymization process.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Thanks!

Dale Burke