[Wactclc-alma] Add Physical Material Type

Tammy Siebenberg tsiebenberg at yvcc.edu
Fri Oct 6 14:50:38 PDT 2017

Hi Shellie and Nina,

A couple of years ago, IPEDS said not to include librettos in some of the counts.  With Voyager we created an item type of libretto which let me isolate those.  In Alma it is showing up as an item policy and I am trying to consolidate my item policies.  I think in this case I will leave the item policy as libretto and select book for the material type since there is no musical notation in the libretto.  However, that's kind of like lumping music recordings and spoken word recordings all under sound recordings.  To me they are very different.  Ah well, if wishes were horses ....  Thanks for your help.

Tammy

Tammy R. Siebenberg, MLIS
Director - Library & Media Services
Yakima Valley College