[Wactclc-alma] [External] issue adding a new fulfillment unit/policy/TOU

Whittaker, Shellie ShellieW at bigbend.edu
Wed Oct 4 12:03:51 PDT 2017

Hi Amy,

The short answer is that you need to associate a circulation desk with your new location (and you need to be at that circ desk to circulate the material).

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D33D08.D608A5C0]

In terms of a longer answer, I might consider doing this a little differently, by just creating an item policy for 24hr loans and fulfillment rule within the Reserves unit with an item policy input parameter and uses a 24hr TOU.

The primary purpose of item policies is to address the exceptions to fulfillment rules that work for most items in a fulfillment unit.  This sounds like the scenario you are addressing.

I'm happy to do a Zoom meeting with you to talk more about this option.

Shellie