[Wactclc-alma] Question about renewal email notices

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Nov 9 14:11:22 PST 2017

Just looking at the documentation, I think Shellie is correct that “Ful Renew…” letter is for resource sharing.

And according to the Knowledge Center, ‘renew all’ and ‘renew selected’ in Manage Patron Services should both send out the Borrowing Activity Report (from https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/Alma_Online_Help_(English)/Fulfillment/020Circulation_Desk_Operations/040Managing_Patron_Services ):

  *   Click Renew All to renew all items that the patron currently has on loan. The system displays an informational message and sends the Borrowing Activity Report letter with the updated due dates, where relevant.
  *   Click Renew Selected to renew all items that are selected on the loan display. The system displays an informational message and sends the Borrowing Activity Report letter with the updated due dates, where relevant.

For me (and I changed the email address for Fake Student to test), selecting ‘renew’ from the context menu does not send any notice, in either Alma UI. Are you sure the loan receipt you received wasn’t for a new checkout on the test account?

With respect to Primo, I don’t think (or see any documentation indicating that) self-renewals will trigger any notices to be sent. Maybe the design assumption is that people looking at their accounts online will already be aware of the new due date. Or perhaps its just a technical limitation of processing renewals from Primo, rather than from within Alma.