[Wactclc-alma] Analytics dashboard question

Paula Laine plaine at bellevuecollege.edu
Fri Nov 3 10:20:00 PDT 2017

Here are my trial-and-error notes about editing canned dashboards and reports:

Editing canned dashboards and reports
1. Acquisitions dashboard in both >ALMA folder and >BELLEVUE folder
                Shared folders>Alma>Acquisitions>Dashboards>Acquisitions dashboard
                Shared folders>Bellevue (Community) College> Dashboards>Acquisitions dashboard
2. Both dashboards appear to be identical.
3. The only dashboard I can make changes to is the one in the Bellevue folder.
4. Create a working copy of the BVUE ACQ dashboard folder and paste back into the Bellevue college shared folder. This is the dashboard to mess around with.
5. Find the report that needs to be edited.
                reporting code tab on acq dashbd: EXPENDITURES PER REPORTING CODE
                go to edit mode. In column 2 see expenditure per reporting code. that is the display area for the report.
6. Click on the tiny xyz button (properties) and select edit analysis
7. Add 2nd and 3rd reporting code. it will run and return the correct results.
8. Tried to save, but: access denied for user to path /shared/Alma/Acquisitions/Reports/Expenditure Per Reporting Code.
9. The dashboard is in the BELLEVUE folder, but the report data is still coming from the ALMA folder and can  not be edited.
10. Go to Shared Folders>ALMA>Acquisitions>Reports.
11. Copy report "Expenditure per reporting code" ; paste into Shared folders>Bellevue>Reports>Acquisitions>Fund expenditures (folder created by me- not XL)
12. Edit, test run, and save report.
13. Edit dashboard copy to delete old ""Expenditure per reporting code" (From ALMA) . Add new ""Expenditure per reporting code (from BVUE). Preview and then save dashboard.
14. I assume you could do the same thing on the "real" dashboard that was copied from but I don't use multiple reporting codes so I'm not going to do it.