[Wactclc-alma] Electronic and text of same book

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Mar 15 14:40:17 PDT 2017

Jinny,

Looks like that import profile is set to "overlay" a record when an 024 or 035 match is made.

Just a guess, but what is likely happening is that the record is matched, and the existing record in Alma is overlaid.

(I think what often happens is that electronic books end up with the ISBN of the physical book).

If that's the case, one option would be to edit the import profile and set it to, upon match, 'import new record'. Then, import just that record. And then change back the import profile.

Or, create a new import profile based on the existing one, and modify it to import new record upon match. And then use that new import profile whenever you run into cases like this.