[Wactclc-alma] Work-study students as staff - User Record

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Mon Mar 6 20:45:50 PST 2017

?Whether work-study students are recorded as employees in PPMS seems to vary from institution to institution.

Traci, I know that, for example, at Green River, work-study students are managed in PPMS, as you've recently discovered they are at BTC.

In which case, the best solution is probably to load employees first, and students second. That will allow the student load to take precedent.

This means that, if you have employees in SMS (because they are taking classes), they'll end up being assigned to a student user group instead of an employee user group.

But that's probably the lesser of two evils, since employees (except faculty) are probably much less likely to use the library.

So, if that sounds reasonable, let me know and I can reverse the order of the BTC load jobs.

Wade Guidry - wadeg at bigbend.edu
Library Consortium Services Manager
Washington Community & Technical Colleges Library Consortium (WACTCLC)