[Wactclc-alma] Acq question re: multiple volumes

Paula Laine plaine at bellevuecollege.edu
Thu Mar 9 11:24:24 PST 2017

This isn't a huge deal, but I wonder how others are managing it.

When I create item records for the additional volumes in a multi-volume set,  ALMA says they are on the shelf.
I can edit the item record to add a process type ACQ technical services, but only the first volume shows copy cataloging.

I thought about using the quantity field for a total count of all volumes (i.e. I am purchasing 3 copies of a 2 volume set)
So I would put 6 copies to create the 6 item records and then use the quantity for pricing and just put 3 there so the price will work.

How are you (collec tive you) dealing with extra volumes?

Paula