[Wactclc-alma] Encoding Format

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Jul 13 09:57:39 PDT 2017

Lynn,

It's ok to use the ISO8859_1 format for import. As long as the characters are translated and appear correctly into Alma, you're good.

Alma is going to store the data in UTF-8 regardless.

Alma just needs to know the character encoding of the incoming data so that it can interpret the data correctly, before storing in UTF-8.

(If the characters don't appear correctly, as you experienced when you set your import profile to UTF-8, that's a clue that your character encoding selection is incorrect.)

[Title: Big Bend Community College Logo]

Big Bend Community College

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu>

Big Bend Community College * 7662 Chanute Street NE * Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299