[Wactclc-alma] Puzzling e-book issue

Nicole Longpre nlongpre at bellevuecollege.edu
Mon Jan 23 14:28:47 PST 2017

One of the BC librarians noted that Primo shows records for these two books:

·         Concise Oxford Dictionary of Mathematics

·         Dictionary of Statistics

In fact, Primo shows that we have two different editions each title. However, on the "Find in Library" tab, I get an error message that says "Your search did not match any physical resource in the library."

The "Find in Library" tab led me to think that these are physical titles. I searched in Alma by MMS ID and it says that these are e-books.

I knew we had some previous issues with Oxford titles, in that an entire package had been activated but we'd only purchased about 25 titles of the package. I had deactivated the collection and then just activated the appropriate titles. I did this early in fall quarter.
According to the documentation that I have, these two titles are not ones that we had purchased.

I then went to the CZ and searched for these titles (4 total, 2 editions of the two titles) and I find them in the CZ, with the icon that links me to the record in the Institution Zone. However, when I look at the portfolio lists for each of these titles, none of the portfolios are activated.

I don't know where these records came from. I'd simply deactivate them if possible, but looking at Alma, it doesn't look like they are activated.

Nicole Longpré
Systems Librarian
Library Program Chair
Bellevue College