[Wactclc-alma] Lost items returned by expired patrons

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Mon Dec 11 12:09:01 PST 2017

One of the circ staff at Central recently discovered that when patrons with expired accounts returned lost items, Alma failed to refund Lost Item Replacement Fees to the patron account.  This problem seems to have been fixed in the Alma December release.

We haven't turned on loan anonymization yet because we're still working on getting Fulfillment working the way we want.  As a result, we were able to identify 48 patrons who had returned lost items in the past 6 months since go-live, who hadn't had the lost item replacement fees credited back to their accounts in Alma.

I wanted to mention this problem in case other libraries hadn't noticed it yet.  I can share the Alma Analytics reports we're using to clean things up, but the reports won't help on loans that have already been anonymized. :(

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager
Seattle Colleges