[Lln] HAPPY Independence Day from LLN!

Alaniz, Juan (HCA) Juan.Alaniz at HCA.WA.GOV
Mon Jul 3 13:55:20 PDT 2017

I was reflecting and meditating on our country's birthday that will be celebrated tomorrow and on this incredible journey that started 241 years ago. I contemplated on what the 4th of July means to me as one with a Latino heritage and on the precious gift of freedom I enjoy as a citizen of this great nation.

One realization us that a collective commitment binds us as Americans to an idea and common truth that was first declared in what is now Independence Hall in Philadelphia - that ALL of us are created equal.  It is that undeniable declaration and very intentional commitment to equality that I see reflected in gratitude from all of us as we serve our state and our great nation.

Reflecting on a portion of the Declaration of Independence, that: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights; that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness."

Those courageous and freedom loving people fought and paid for this freedom 241 years ago. From our cultural side, we are extremely grateful  for the people, for our forefathers and family members that sacrificed dearly and devotedly so that we could be here and enjoy the blessings of liberty, freedom and independence. That was their sacrificial gift to us, may we always stand ready to protect and defend this wonderful privilege and gift.  It is with  gratitude and mindful reflection that the Latino Leadership Network and I wish you a wonderful Independence day celebration!

Juan Alaniz
Diversity & Inclusion Manager
Talent Acquisition and Development Team
Employee Resources Division
Washington State Health Care Authority
626 8th Ave SE, PO Box 42698
Olympia, WA  98504-2698
Phone:  (360) 725-0860
juan.alaniz at hca.wa.gov<mailto:juan.alaniz at hca.wa.gov>

[cid:image001.png at 01D1F178.DA1EB4B0]<http://www.hca.wa.gov/>

www.hca.wa.gov

[cid:image028.png at 01D1C583.2CBF7EB0]<http://www.facebook.com/WAHealthCareAuthority>

[cid:image029.png at 01D1C583.2CBF7EB0]<http://www.twitter.com/WA_Health_Care>

[cid:image030.png at 01D1C583.2CBF7EB0]<http://www.hca.wa.gov/hcaconnect/default.aspx>

[cid:image031.png at 01D1C583.2CBF7EB0]<http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2_tBogIUnVye4GBwbVXxNw>

NOTICE:  This message (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination, copying, retention or use of this message or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or telephone and permanently delete all copies of this message and any attachments.  Thank you for your cooperation.